Birmingham residents schedule air conditioner maintenance now to save money and extend the life of your system.
Quality air conditioning manufacturers offer products that provide cool indoor comfort and low operating costs. While the manufacturing quality of these units is exceptional, central air conditioners are subject to significant wear and stress, especially during the hot and humid Birmingham summer weather. To help reduce the chance of an expensive breakdown and extend the life of your AC equipment, the professionals at One Source Heating, Cooling & Electrical have developed a comprehensive air conditioner maintenance program.
AC Maintenance Package Services
Preventative air conditioning maintenance is critical for optimizing your system and reducing repair costs. Isolating potential problems before they can affect system performance saves money and eliminates unit downtime during severe weather.
Twice a year, our certified technicians visit your office or home to service your air conditioner and perform a variety of tests, inspections and calibrations including:
- Operating pressure adjustments
- Clean indoor and outdoor coils
- Analyze amperage draw, temperature and voltage fluctuations
- Clear condensate clogs and inspect drain pan
- Check refrigerant charge
- Inspect electrical connections and contractors
- Lubricate bearings and motors
- Clean cabinet and remove debris from outdoor grilles
- Inspect fan, blower and defrost controls
- Adjust system to maximize cooling
- Test capacitors, relays, compressor and metering device
- Comb and straighten coil fins
- Change disposable filters
- Test and reset the thermostat if necessary
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
There are many important benefits provided by an AC maintenance agreement when the service is conducted by a licensed, professional HVAC contractor.
- Lower Repair Costs: An air conditioner maintenance program is designed to identify minor problems before they cause a service disruption. Worn parts that are not replaced force other components to compensate. This condition negatively impacts performance and may ultimately lead to a premature breakdown, usually during the hottest part of the summer.
- Improved Comfort: When airflow is restricted, system performance suffers. The air indoors can feel stagnant, and humidity control is degraded. Our technicians will make sure that any restrictions are removed from system.
- Lower Utility Costs: As part of the service, our technicians verify that your air conditioner is operating at peak efficiency, which will help reduce operating costs. We also inspect your ductwork and building perimeter to expose inefficient structural components that raise utility bills
- Extended Equipment Life: A regularly serviced air conditioner will produce the same capacity while accumulating far fewer operating hours. Overall wear on the system is reduced, which can help maximize the equipment lifecycle.
Birmingham residents can schedule air conditioner maintenance with a phone call or by using our online scheduling facility. One of our representatives can explain plan options and answer any questions related to the service. We also offer 24/7 repair services when a repair is needed right away.