Heating Maintenance in Birmingham and Dothan, AL since 1996. Call Us Now.
A central furnace or heat pump is a critical part of a complete HVAC system. Light commercial and residential heating systems are built to provide many seasons of dependable service, but heating system maintenance is essential to keep the unit operating at peak performance.
In order to meet this requirement, One Source Heating and Cooling offers comprehensive maintenance agreements to help reduce monthly utility costs, improve performance and extend the life of your equipment.
Heating Maintenance Services
Central heaters are often neglected because they operate in the background, typically drawing attention only when they break down. When a critical furnace or heat pump component fails, the resulting repair costs can be expensive. In some cases, the unit may suffer permanent damage.
Preventative furnace maintenance helps ensure your heating equipment will continue to keep the indoor environment warm and comfortable. On a biannual basis, our professional technicians come to your home at your convenience to evaluate your heater and perform a variety of important services including:
- Adjust combustion for maximum efficiency
- Adjust and test the burners
- Tighten electrical connections
- Gas input analysis
- Inspect the heat exchanger for breeches
- Inspect and calibrate the blower assembly
- Inspect combustion chamber
- Inspect and adjust the ignition system
- Measure and adjust gas pressure to the unit
- Adjust blower belt tension and alignment
- Inspect and test the vent pipe assembly
- Replace disposable filters
- Test and reset the thermostat
- Lubricate moving parts
- Test for continuity and amp draw across the blower motor
Customers who sign up for one of our maintenance plans also receive the following additional benefits:
- 15 percent discount on all repairs
- Priority service for plan members
- One free emergency service call
- 24/7 emergency service
Advantages of Regular Maintenance
The long-term benefits of a regular heating maintenance schedule are substantial and include:
- Improved Comfort: System deficits can seriously degrade indoor comfort. Our NATE certified technicians will locate airflow obstructions and thermal restrictions to help improve efficiency and performance.
- Lower Repair Costs: Routine maintenance can help expose relatively minor issues before they can cause a system wide breakdown. Worn components place additional stress on surrounding parts, which can lead to an unexpected service disruption during severe weather.
- Better Efficiency: Our service techs will tune and calibrate your furnace or heat pump to achieve optimum efficiency. In addition, we also look for other issues in your home that affect energy consumption including duct leakage, perimeter tightness, insulation, doors and windows.
- Longer Equipment Life: Heating system issues degrade performance and force the unit to run longer cycles to meet the indoor load. Over time, accumulated runtime hours can cause a premature failure. Preventative maintenance helps reduce run cycles, which can extend the life of the equipment.
Complete HVAC Service
One Source Heating and Cooling has provided heating maintenance service in Birmingham and Dothan, AL, since 1996. Call us now for a free system evaluation and to arrange a maintenance appointment.